- To emphasize the lordship of Jesus Christ
- To enhance the integration of the gospel into the Christian lifestyle
- To encourage faithful stewardship
- and to facilitate the individual, corporate, and leadership dimensions of stewardship as partnership of with God.
- Spiritual Renewal – must form the foundation of Stewardship thrust. Since stewardship involves the entire person living in a growing partner with God, any strategy must build on spiritual renewal. The Department will encourage and foster materials to aid in the spiritual growth of individuals as well as the corporate body.
- Organization Renewal – is also an important area of emphasis for the department. Confidence in leadership and the church structure has a direct impact on individual stewardship.
- Personal Life Management – Stewardship must be integrated into every area of life. Thus personal and total life management are areas which the department of stewardship seeks to strengthen the resource.
- Christian Money Management – Peoples’s use of money is a reflection of their walk with God. Thus, the biblical principles of money management are important part of integrating the lordship of Christ into this critical area of life. The department of stewardship will continue to develop materials to help in the are of biblical principles for management.
- Initiate strategic planning
- Train the Union, Mission/Conference stewardship departmental leadership in the principles of and practices, as well as teaching and training methods.
- Coordinate the stewardship Certification for training directors, pastors, and local church leaders in consultation with unions and missions/conferences, including certification curriculum.
- Prepare education materials annually, including materials on the usage of tithe and offerings.
- Participate with the church leadership in developing strategic objectives, goals, plans, and budgets to advance the mission of the church.
Seventh-day Adventist beliefs are meant to permeate your whole life. Growing out of scriptures that paint a compelling portrait of God, you are invited to explore, experience and know the One who desires to make us whole.