The Ministerial Association of the Southern Asia-Pacific Division of Seventh-day Adventist exists to serve the global church in its proclamation of the everlasting gospel and in its divine mission to prepare to meet their soon-coming Lord. The Association aims to accomplish this mission through its ministry to pastors, pastors’ families, local church elders/company leaders, and Ministerial Association serves them in the following areas:
Statement of Purpose
• Evangelism and Church growth – keeping pastors ever-conscious that their first calling is for the proclamation of the Word to the church and to the world, presenting Jesus as Savior and Lord to all people regardless of race, gender, nationality, tribe, or economic status.
• Church Elder’s Training - The Association recognizes the biblical role of the church elder, particularly in view of the ever-increasing demands on the church pastor and the need for lay involvement in the governance and ministry of the congregation. Therefore, the Association aims to nurture, train, motivate, and equip the local church elders in their leadership role as they serve their congregations and assist their pastors in soul winning.
• Personal growth – Encouraging pastors in their personal growth, fostering a vibrant relationship with God that yields a strong sense of self-worth and pastoral mission.
• Professional growth – Promoting the professional growth of pastors in the study and practice of ministry, representing their interests at the Southern Asia-Pacific Division, and enhancing the image of pastoral ministry so as to attract qualified persons and keep them in its ranks.
• Recruitment – To encourage qualified young people to accept the call of the Ministry.
• Spouse Support (Shepherdess) – Supporting the pastor’s spouse through encouragement and training. This work is managed through a Shepherdess Coordinator.
• Interfaith Fellowship – To encourage contact fellowship and discussion with other faiths, through PREACH seminars and the circulation of the special edition of the Ministry magazine.
The Southern Asia-Pacific Division Ministerial Association functions through the union Ministerial Secretaries and, with them, serves ministerial leaders at other levels. The Association provides training and resources as needed and as possible to help Ministerial Secretaries fulfill their role as:
• Pastor’s pastor – Caring for the needs of pastors and their families, and representing their interests at the appropriate administrative level.
• Coordinator of church growth and evangelism in their areas of service.